We are proud to be able to bring this site to the residents of Lawrence Township and the villages of Bolivar and Zoar. It is our desire to provide you with the best information available to help protect you, your family, and the businesses within our district. We will be continually upgrading the information provided, and hope that you will visit here often.
9-1-1 Emergency Phone Number
To provide a selfless organization of people who hold devotion to duty above personal risk, who count sincerity of service above personal comfort and convenience, and who strive unceasingly to find better ways of protecting the lives, homes and property of their fellow citizens.
- HONESTY … in both our leadership and our employees, leading to the highest level of trustworthiness.
- INTEGRITY… in our dealings with each other and those we serve, always adhering to a sound code of moral and ethical conduct.
- TEAMWORK … as we believe that availing ourselves of each person’s talent enhances the services we deliver and that cooperation improves our relationships.
- COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE … demonstrating itself through consistent professionalism, pride, and a positive attitude.
- KNOWLEDGE … as it forms the foundation for effective decisions, actions, and increased safety.
- RESPECT … for each person as an individual, an attitude that recognizes the worth of others and exhibits compassion for those in need.
Good news from the Insurance Service Office, ISO! They adjusted the fire protection rating for all of Lawrence Township, excluding Zoar. The rating improved township wide from #5 rating to a new rating of #4. The new rating took effect February 2020. Please reach out to your property insurance provider and make them aware of the change. For some this will mean a reduction in your insurance premiums.
Fire is FAST!
There is little time!
In less than 30 seconds a small flame can get completely out of control and turn into a major fire. It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house. In minutes, a house can be engulfed in flames. If you wake up to a fire, you won’t have time to grab valuables because fire spreads too quickly and the smoke is too thick. There is only time to escape.
Heat is more threatening than flames.
A fire’s heat alone can kill. Room temperatures in a fire can be 100 degrees at floor level and rise to 600 degrees at eye level. Inhaling this super-hot air will scorch your lungs. This heat can melt clothes to your skin. In five minutes a room can get so hot that everything in it ignites at once: this is called flashover.
Fire is DARK!
Fire isn’t bright, it’s pitch black.
Fire starts bright, but quickly produces black smoke and complete darkness. If you wake up to a fire you may be blinded, disoriented and unable to find your way around the home you’ve lived in for years.
Fire is DEADLY!
Smoke and toxic gases kill more people than flames do.
Fire uses up the oxygen you need and produces smoke and poisonous gases that kill. Breathing even small amounts of smoke and toxic gases can make you drowsy, disoriented and short of breath. The odorless, colorless fumes can lull you into a deep sleep before the flames reach your door. You may not wake up in time to escape.