It’s important to have a Home Fire Escape Plan.
Time is of the essence when fire erupts in the home. Be prepared!
• Draw a map of your home. Show all doors and windows.
• Visit each room. Find two ways out.
• All windows and doors should open easily. You should be able to use them to get outside.
• Make sure your home has smoke alarms. Push the test button to make sure each alarm is in proper working order.
• Pick a meeting place outside. It should be in front of your home. Everyone will meet at the designated meeting place.
• Make sure your house or building number can be seen from the street.
• Talk about your plan with everyone in your home.
• Learn the emergency phone number for your fire department.
• Practice your home fire drill!
Make your own home fire escape plan using the printable grid here.
Download your own grid by clicking the link below: